Monday 7 May 2012

tangy sweetness: rosa's apple crumble

the crumble

slices of caramelized apples with the crumble topping 
Simply homemade treats for my family.  It's my first attempt trying to make something with apples.  Not that I don't eat apples, but its quite difficult to handle it when cooking.  Just when I was trying to core these apples for my dessert, I accidentally cut my finger.  But I'm glad that I made this first attempt and realised that it's not so bad to deal with apples when cooking, just need to be more careful when cutting it.

Anyway, there is quite a few recipe on Apple Crumble and I learn this from twish1999 and I topped with my left over cornflakes (yes, I'm still trying to use up my cornflakes).  It turns out so delicious and all I need is just a scoop of vanilla ice-cream to go with it.

ingredients

for the crumble
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 50g melted butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- some cornflakes

for the apple mix
- 4 green apples
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- cinnamon powder

method

- for the crumble, just mix everything together and leave aside
- peel the green apples, core it and slice it thinly and place it on baking dish
- spread 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- dash cinnamon powder depends on your liking.
- spread the crumble on the apple mix
- bake in 180 degree celcius pre-heated oven for 30 minutes
- serve hot with vanilla ice cream~~


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com