Sunday 3 June 2012

street galore : hoddeok - korean sweet pancake

just out from the frying pan
sweet yummy cinnamon and sugar filling
Hoddeok 호떡 (Korean Sweet Pancake) is a very popular street vendor food in Seoul, Korea.  Sis who just came back from her holiday in Korea was craving for it and after seeing that Maangchi also made this on her Youtube video, I am eager to try my hand on it.

The last time I handle yeast was when I was still in my secondary school.  All I can remember is how I need to spent time for the yeast to rise and beat off the air, everything in my memory about yeast was troublesome.  The way Maangchi handed the yeast seems quite simple, so after many years later, I decided to abandon my laziness thought and just do it.

ingredients (make 8)

for the dough
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoon or 1 packet of dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of plain flour

for the fillings
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder

method

- in a big bowl add in lukewarm water, dry yeast, sugar, salt and oil and mix well
- add in plain flour and mix well into a sticky dough
- cover the bowl with a cover or cloth and leave it for an hour
- after an hour, mix the expanded dough and beat off the carbon dioxide out of the dough
- leave it for another 10 minute
- make the filling by mixing the brown sugar and cinnamon and leave a side
- on table top, dust some flour, place dough on it and knead lightly till smooth
- divide dough into 8 equal size dough
- flatten the dough, place filling in the centre and warp up
- heat the frying pan, place one filled dough on the frying pan with the wrapping side facing down
- after 30 seconds, flip the dough over and flatten it with spatula
- pan-fried till both side of pancake are golden brown
- eat it hot.  Enjoy~~


1 comments:

Ros said...

Thank you for your compliment. It is nice to know that I have an audience in Italy, your pictures are beautiful, hope I can learn some photo shooting skills from you.

:)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com