Tuesday 29 May 2012

my fave - molten lava cake

serving you - molten lava cake
while waiting in their own containers
I have been feeling unwell since yesterday, it does not seems to get any better, so I went to see a doctor for some medication so that the uneasiness can go away.  Though being sick, I thought of making some nice little dessert to cheer my family up especially for my little nephew and niece.  I decided to make my favourite, Molten Lava Cake.

A.H. shared this recipe with me via Pinterest and she herself has made it for her family before.  She told me that it is actually very easy to make, so today, with my courage and the time I have resting at home, I'm going for it!

ingredients (makes 8 cakes)

- 4 ounces of Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate baking Chocolate Bar
- 2/3 cup (~150g) of butter
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup (~130g) of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of plain flour

methods

- greased 8 aluminium cup with butter
- melt butter and chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water, stir till smooth and leave aside to cool for at least 15 minutes
- beat sugar and eggs till thick and pale
- fold in flour
- then add in chocolate mixture while beating
- equally distribute the batter into the aluminium cups and chill
- when ready to serve, bake in 200 degree Celsius pre-heated oven till the top is set about 14-15minutes
- cool for about 5 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate
- best serve with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Yum!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com