Thursday 5 July 2012

spotting the sweet spot

lazing at sweet spot
my cuppa mocha
mille-feuille
bright and cheery flower
interior of cafe
As part of my exploration in Marina Bay Sands, I spotted this stylish cafe located at level one of tower 3.  Serving daily coffees, pastries and cakes, this cafe is very popular among the Caucasian tourist.  

This is a minimalist designed cafe and not much of the seating space is available.  Most of the guests either grab and go or finish up what they have and go off.   And because of this, all the cups and plate they used are disposable.

As I was waiting for my clients to be ready, I got myself a Mille-Feuille which I'm crazy about recently ever since my last visit to Flor and also a cup of my usual Mocha.  Mille-Feuille is a puff pastry with pastry cream and powdered sugar, I do have some difficulty 'dealing' with it with the disposable fork that I had.  Frankly speaking, I felt kinda bad to mess up their beautiful floor with my flaky pastry bits falling here and there.  As for my Mocha, I do felt a bit bitter when I first tasted it, I thought I might need a packet of sugar to 'tame' it a bit, but after a few bites of my Mille-Feuille, the Mocha became bearable or perhaps I got used to it.

I chatted with the staff and from them I know that they do have 2 more branches (push cart) located at Marina Bay Sands Shoppe.  Guess their concept is more of a take-away style.  It will be a good place for you to kill some time while waiting for the others, but definitely not for any gathering or relaxation.

SWEET SPOT
10 Bayfront Ave Marina Bay Sands Singapore, Lobby Level Tower 3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com