Sunday 29 July 2012

not so adventurous apple pie


I always wanted to make a pie and especially after watching the movie "Waitress", I really hope I can make such delicious pies like what the lead actress made in the show...  But... well, I'm not that adventurous.  I decided to start simple and easy and instead of making my own pie skin, I used frozen short crust pastry found in super market.

I found the apple filling recipes online over at here at taste.com.au, then I realised that I don't have lemon juice at home, hence I omitted it.  I strongly recommend you all to add the lemon juice as it help to lessen the sweetness from the apples and sugar and give the filling a tangy taste.

I don't have much recipe to show here, just cut 2 sheets of short crust pastry to the pan size you are using, one as the base and another one for the top.  You may use the remaining pastry to do some decoration on the pie like what you see here, sis actually made a cross.  Slit the top of the pie so that to allow the steam to escape from the apple fillings while cooking in the oven.  And oh, before you put into the oven, please brush it with some egg wash from 1 beaten egg.

Enjoy...     

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com