Sunday 24 June 2012

lunching sakae sushi

kaki fry don
fried kaki (oyster)
california roll

Both Y.B and I had been craving for some Japanese food and we decided to walk a bit further to Parkmall's Sakae Sushi for our lunch.  The weather has been quite hot recently and the walk from our office to Parkmall takes about 10-15 minutes, but for the sake of our cravings, we just go for it.

This Sakae Sushi at Parkmall was not really crowded at that point when we were there.  This particular branch have sushi buffet too, but we decided to give it a miss and order from the ala carte menu.

As Y.B decided upon her Tempura Udon, I decided to try Kaki Fry Don.  Kaki Fry is actually fried oyster and they try to make it like Oyakodon with egg and onion and place on top of a bowl of rice.  There were 3 pieces of fried oyster on my Kaki Fry Don and it tasted so yummy when it first serve to me, however, it started to get soggy as I was eating the rice as the sauce sipped into the fried oyster.  The sauce used to cook this tasted a bit sweet and left a plastic after taste and I decided to stop eating it.  I was glad that Y.B and I shared a plate of California roll before my don has been served, otherwise, I think I will walk off as an angry customer.

Other than that, Y.B did enjoy her Tempura Udon and the sushi was quite good.  It's up to individual on how they like their food to be, but for me, I will not order this particular dish again.

SAKAE SUSHI @ PARKMALL
9 Penang Road, #01-15/15A

View Larger Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com